JRS France, ACAT and the United Protestant Church of France, joined forces for a campaign entitled "Accueil de l'étranger" (“Welcoming the foreigner”). Launched at the end of 2016, the campaign is a response to the disturbing rise in hate speechc and rejection of the other.
Its objective is to provide information and encourage a reflection on both current and past migratory realities, as well as our legal and moral responsibilities towards those whom we call ‘foreigners’, ‘migrants’ or ‘refugees’. The campaign is also an invitation to each and every one of us to mobilize ourselves in favour of reception, engage our political leaders on the matter and resist the temptation of being self-centered.
The United Protestant Church of France (EPUF) and the ACAT (Action of Christians for the Abolition of Torture) are launching a joint campaign to attract the locally elected represenatives’ attention and raise awareness among local communities about being ready to welcome those who knock at their door. The idea is to resist the populist rhetoric on foreigners.
Be part of this campaign by:
- Offering training at local job centres
- Raising awareness to change mentalities
- Act effectively with authorities to have an impact at the local level
- Keep an eye on the lastest developments in the presidential and legislative elections
For more information:
- Discover the reception practices found accross Europe as part of the ‘I Get You’ campaign: http://www.igetyou-jrs.org/
- Learn from the experiences of JRS France => discover Welcome to France!
- Read the campaign guide prepared by our partner ACAT
- Learn more about the issue through the educational package "Accueil de l'étranger" prepared by ACAT
- Visit EPUF’s blog: http://accueillons-les-exiles.fr/
- Take a look at the ‘Replies to Concerns’ section below or download it here
ACAT also offers an Awareness Kit that includes: