0
0
0
s2smodern

The new academic year has begun at the Jesuit faculty in Warsaw and it is also the beginning of a new transformation. The Pontifical Faculty of Theology in Warsaw Collegium Bobolanum (bobolanum.edu.pl), run by the Jesuits in Poland (PMA Province) is transformed into the “Catholic Academy in Warsaw - Collegium Bobolanum”. It is the result of many years of efforts by the present Rector Fr. Piotr Aszyk, SJ and the previous one Fr. Zbigniew Kubacki, SJ, with the support of Cardinal Kazimierz Nycz and Father General Arturo Sosa Abascal SJ. After obtaining the consent of the Holy See, the Grand Chancellor, Card. Kazimierz Nycz, Metropolitan Archbishop of Warsaw, by a decree on the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (August 15, 2020) raised a single-faculty university to the rank of an academy with three faculties. In addition to the existing Faculty of Theology, the Institute of Social Sciences will be transformed into the Faculty of Social Sciences, and a third Faculty of Arts and Culture will be created.

The Catholic Academy in Warsaw is a joint work of the Jesuits and the Archdiocese of Warsaw. Seven clergy and religious seminaries and seven secular institutes from all over Poland are affiliated with the Academy, and it is also a place of study for many students from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, and other post-communist bloc countries.

Diplomas and certificates of the Catholic Academy in Warsaw are guaranteed by the Polish state. They are recognized by states all over the world, including the European Union. Master degrees in theology, STL, and STD are also recognized by the Roman Catholic Church. At present, the Academy offers bachelor studies in political science (3 years), master studies in theology (5 years), canonical licentiate in theology (STL), doctoral (STD), and postdoctoral studies in theology (habilitation).

The Collegium Bobolanum has a very long tradition, dating back to a small primary school founded by Jesuit father Piotr Skarga SJ in Połock (currently in Belarus) in the year 1580. This school gradually transformed to theological faculty in 1737, and the Połock Academy in 1812. The College originally educated young Jesuits only. After transformations, it finally moved to Warsaw and continuously expanded its educational offer. This Jesuit educational institution, despite the historical turmoil, continues to grow and develop its activities.

0
0
0
s2smodern